We’re looking for a person who loves the Lord and has a heart to lead others to the Lord in both corporate and personal settings. This person must have a passion for leading worship and using technology to expand the ministry of the church moving into the future. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s mission/core values and a desire to work with all staff and leadership as we strive toward Kingdom growth.
- Work closely with the Senior Minister to aid in accomplishing the Church’s mission and to ensure the corporate worship experience is as effective and engaging as possible.
- Oversee video production team in obtaining high quality video and recruiting new volunteers.
- Planning, facilitating, and implementing weekly worship gatherings as well as provide direction and leadership in the area of worship and technology.
- Perform/assist with post production editing of weekly worship service video for online presentation.
- Assist with basic website updates
- Create promotional and bumper videos for message series and special events as needed.
- Optimize live sound and production by making necessary transitions from outdated equipment to modern technology utilized by most mid to large-scale churches.
- Work with current and new sound/computer/lighting/video technicians to ensure understanding of new equipment.
- Assist in creating stage and house light designs to enhance visual production.
- Assist in arranging, recording, and implementing backing tracks and in-ear monitor systems for worship band.
- Create and organize schedules, teams and systems to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy volunteers for support in technological functions of the church.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree from Restoration Movement affiliated University/College.
- Strong vocal abilities required – instrumental/musical knowledge preferred with a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
- Understanding of modern sound/computer/lighting/video technologies and a willingness to continue to grow in these areas.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform strategy.
- Have a forward thinking mindset that consistently incorporates innovation within a communication strategy.
- A detail-oriented personality.
- Participation in all staff meetings and retreats.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission and values of the church.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
NOTE: While this position begins an Associate Worship Ministry position, we intend for this to quickly transition into the primary Worship Ministry position. The time-frame for this transition will be contingent upon the candidate’s prior experience and level of growth moving forward.
Gateway Christian Church
801 Winchester Road
PO BOX 1069
Mount Sterling KY 40353